Hispanic Heritage Month
The 2021 Hispanic Heritage Month Breakfast is Oregon’s official kick-off celebration for Hispanic Heritage Month. Representatives from the private sector, public institutions, non-profits, and public elected officials/candidates will also join us to celebrate the contributions Hispanics have made to Oregon and the US.
Agenda (All times PDT)
Community Resource Fair
Jaime is a proud immigrant from Las Ranas, Michoacán, Mexico, and a former farmworker. Today, he is the Executive Director of the Capaces Leadership Institute and has over 16 years of experience working in the non-profit sector. Some of his favorite roles have included: tour guide, smiles provider, peacemaker, convener, agitator (with a smile), storyteller, wannabe graphic designer, handy person, and community builder. In 2011, Jaime was recognized by Shelterforce, the oldest community, economic development magazine in the nation, and selected as one of six under 36 young leaders in the country.
Jaime loves to give back to Oregon and his communities. He serves on multiple boards including:
- The Collins Foundation- Trustee
- Western Oregon University Board of Trustees -Vice-President of Board
- PCUN- Chairman of the Board
- Oregon’s Youth Development Council- Council Member
- Ecotrust- Board Member
- Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos- Board President
- Chemeketa Community College Presidents Community Leaders Advisory Committee-Member
- OCF Latino Partnership Projects Northern Willamette Valley Committee- Member
- Oregon Farm to School and School Garden Network Steering Committee- Member
On his off days, Jaime enjoys running, spending time with family, volunteering, and watching sports. His favorite foods are mole and sandwiches. Jaime has been happily married for 12 years to his beautiful wife and is the proud father of two daughters.